Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Odds and Ends and Updates again

So, I finally finished downloading the entire Welcome to the NHK! anime series via BitTorrent this weekend…and, after many weeks of anticipation, have finally begun watching the series in its entirety. I gave this series a pretty good review and I’ve been dying to see more. I’m under the impression the anime has a different ending than the manga, so I’m interested to see how they compare.

In other news, I’ve decided to continue posting on a once-a-week schedule – as time allows, naturally. I have to sneak in posts between my “real” duties at work, so don’t be surprised if I miss a week now and then.

Aside from W2TNHK!, Samurai Champloo (almost finished!), and the odds and ends that I’ve watched at the library Anime Clubs, I’ve been in a real harem comedy mood for the last couple of weeks. Hell, I’ve already made multiple entries for DearS, and I’ve also started in on Girls Bravo and Shuffle!. I know part of being an otaku/geek is embracing your eccentric interests, but I have to admit I’m sort of embarrassed to like these series…. I guess they appeal to the introverted 14 year old boy inside of me; and honestly, doesn’t most anime and manga – and by that thinking, video games, comic books/graphic novels, and sci-fi/fantasy in general – appeal to that mindset?

In any event, I’ll be putting on 2 Anime Clubs next week:
1) New Lots Library: Wednesday, Feb 27th @ 4:30pm
2) Arlington Library: Friday, Feb 29thth @ 4:30pm

By popular request, I will probably be showing Fullmetal Alchemist. I’ve heard a lot about this series from a number of patrons and would like to give it the old “once-over” myself.

No comments: